Glass & Windows
Upgrade your window glass and enjoy
a warmer home and lower heating bills.
Keep your existing window frames
EnerGlaze upgrades your windows with the very latest in energy-saving glass. We are Ireland’s leading company in retrofitting and have upgraded over 3000 homes to date. We are currently retrofitting between 20 and 30 houses per week.
First of all, we carry out a free, no-obligation survey and quotation. This allows us to test the type of glass you have in your window frames and make sure they are suitable for a glass upgrade. We offer an upgrade only if you will benefit from it. Occasionally we come across window frames that are in too bad a condition and to upgrade the glass would not make sense. In these rare instances we can offer the customer the opportunity to change their entire window using our glass and a new frame.
Triple glazing efficiency in a double-glazed unit.
Our Low-E-Plus™ range of heat-retaining glass uses the latest Pilkington technology. This advanced double-glazed unit offers the lowest U-value to suit your existing frames. A U-value is a measure of heat loss. The lower the U-value the better the product is at reducing heat loss. A typical double-glazed unit will have a U-value of 2.8. Our Low-E-Plus™ unit will have a U-value of 1.0, making it almost 70% better than regular double glazing.
The heat map image above illustrates the difference between Low-E-Plus™ heat-retaining glass (upstairs) and regular double-glazing (downstairs)
- uPVC – double glazing upgrades
- Timber – double glazing upgrades
- Timber – single glazing converted to double glazing
- Sash windows in period homes – ultra-thin double glazing installed
- Aluminium – double glazing upgrades
- Aluminium – single glazing converted to double glazing
- Conservatory roof conversions
New Low Energy Plus Windows
If your frames are not suitable for retrofitting glass, we now offer a new windows option too. Low Energy Plus windows combined with Low-E-Plus2 glass will give an overall window u value of just 1.1 W/m²K making it the lowest U-value double-glazed window on the Irish market today.
- Lowest combined U-value of 1.1
- 25% better than standard double-glazed replacement windows
- Energy rating similar to triple-glazing
- High security multipoint locking
- Available in a wide range of colours and finishes