Quick & Easy Ways To Go Green
We have put together some simple steps you can make towards a greener future.
Make your home more efficient:
- Use LED bulbs throughout your home. You will use less electricity and your bulbs will need to be replaced less frequently than regular lighting.
- Install solar panels and battery storage.
- Upgrade older windows with energy efficient glazing.
- Unplug your appliances and devices when not in use to prevent unnecessary energy loss.
- Add insulation to your home. This will allow you to use your heating less and keep your home warmer, for longer.
Make a difference in the kitchen:
- Meal Plan. Reduce waste by carefully planning your meals for the week ahead. Plan your meals around what items need to be consumed first.
- Use the whole vegetable. The ends and peels that you would normally bin, can be used to create delicious stock that can be used for other meals.
- Compost. Any leftover food you do have, compost it. This is a great way to reduce methane emissions from landfills and to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Store food in glass containers rather than plastic.
- Use brown paper bags or beeswax wraps for food on the go.
Avoid single-use plastic:
- Install a filter at home to avoid or cut down on buying bottled water.
- Use your own bags when doing the grocery shopping.
- Use a reusable bamboo coffee cup when on the go, some coffee shops will even offer a discount when you use your own cup.
- Invest in reusable steel straws and say goodbye to plastic ones. In Ireland, plastic straws will be banned by 2021 along with plastic cutlery, plates, balloon sticks and cotton buds.
How Can Energlaze Help?
Energlaze Home Energy Upgrades can advise you on the best energy upgrades for your home that will make the biggest impact to your carbon footprint and home comfort. As an approved SEAI installer we can also maximise any grants that are available.