It’s all about the U-value
Here at EnerGlaze we have always believed in designing our products around U-values. For instance, our superior range of double-glazed glass panels (Low-E-Plus2) have the lowest centre pane U-values on the Irish market today.
A U-value is a measure of heat-loss – the lower the U-value the less heat is lost and the more insulation the product/material provides.
Our new Low-Energy-Plus windows are different to other windows in that we focus more on achieving the best U-value.
Other windows focus on a combination of U-value and Solar gain. However, we in EnerGlaze believe that the benefits of the lower U-value outstrip any benefit that solar gain might provide. So, while there are indeed benefits from solar gain, it shouldn’t (we believe) be at the expense of the better U-value.
By focusing on lower U-values we can give the consumer better consistency in energy-saving and overall comfort rather than having to rely on the sun to be shining.
Low-Energy-Plus windows combined with Low-E-Plus2 glass will give an overall window u value of just 1.1 W/m²K making it the lowest U-value double-glazed window on the Irish market today.
The Benefits of New Low Energy Plus Windows
- Most energy efficient double-glazed units in Ireland
- Lowest combined U-value of 1.1
- 25% better than standard double-glazed replacement windows
- Energy rating similar to triple-glazing
- High security multipoint locking
- Available in a wide range of colours and finishes
New Low Energy Plus Windows Feature:
- Internal glazing for maximum security
- 6 chamber energy efficient profile
- Designed to your specifications
- Corrosion resistant hardware
- Contributes to improved sound insulation