New ultra-thin double-glazing for sash windows in period homes
82% more efficient than traditional single glazing
For a more comfortable home, simply retrofit ultra-thin Pilkington Spacia™ double-glazing into your existing sash window frames.
- 82% better than standard single glazing
- World’s thinnest profile 6.5 mm (¼”)
- Virtually eliminates draughts, cold spots and internal condensation
- Greatly reduces noise levels for a quieter home
- Successfully used in Japan for over 15 years
- Full 15-year guarantee
Pilkington Spacia™ is a revolutionary new glazing product that’s no wider than standard single glazing yet boasts the thermal performance of triple glazing.
Pilkington Spacia™ can be easily retrofitted into your existing window frames – usually within one working day.
Little or no redecoration is required.* What’s more, the historic appearance of period homes is unaffected.
*Subject to survey – some minor repainting may be required depending on your frame type, but this will be confirmed on survey.
The Benefits of Pilkington Spacia™
- Six times more efficient than standard single glazing
- As original frames are reused, little or no redecorating is required – subject to survey
- Maintains authentic appearance of period homes
- Reduced heating bills and lower carbon emissions
- Virtually eliminates all draughts, cold spots and internal condensation
- Noise levels greatly reduced for a quieter home
- Full 15-year warranty
- The perfect solution for most sash windows
How does Pilkington Spacia™ compare?
In order to achieve the same U-value as Pilkington Spacia™ a double-glazed unit would need to be 20 mm thick, compared to 6.5 mm.
How Pilkington Spacia™ and EnerGlaze work
With the industry’s thinnest profile, Pilkington SpaciaTM offers double-glazing comfort in a single-glazing width. This allows for improved thermal efficiency in period buildings, with a negligible impact on the historic appearance.
- The only double-glazed unit that can be glazed into all standard astragals.
- Can be glazed into all existing single-glazing glass rebates.
- The thinnest double-glazed unit in the world
- Revolutionary vacuum technology
- Successfully used in Japan for 15 years