What is Solar PV and how does it work?
Solar panels that produce electricity are known as solar photovoltaic (PV) modules. These panels generate DC (Direct Current) electricity when exposed to light.
The DC power generated by your panels goes directly to your inverter/hybrid inverter where the DC power is converted into AC (Alternating Current) power. The AC power is then used to power your electrical appliances in the home.
The system may include:
- Solar panels
- Hybrid inverter
- Battery storage
- Immersion diverter
- Wifi operation & monitoring via app
- Electric vehicle charger
The Benefits Of Solar PV
Installing solar PV panels will help reduce your dependency on fossil fuels. As a renewable source of energy, solar PV panels will not only reduce your electricity bills, but also your carbon footprint. Energlaze is an SEAI approved installer and can help maximise any grants available. With solar PV you can:
- Reduce your carbon footprint for a cleaner, greener future
- Improve your Building Energy Rating (BER)
- Use battery storage for added energy efficiency
- Offset any potential future carbon taxes
- Get up to 30-years performance warranty
- Receive up to €2,400 SEAI grants available
Committed To Energy Conservation
For over seven years, Energlaze has been dramatically improving the warmth and comfort of Irish homes by retrofitting new Low-E-Plus2™ heat-retaining window glass into households throughout the country.
Energlaze now offers the very latest in solar technology – so our customers can save even more money on electricity bills and reduce their carbon footprint.
To illustrate just how much energy can be generated from solar PV panels when compared to the average consumption, we have compiled some examples from customers around Ireland that have had different sized Energlaze Solar PV systems installed. Click here to view the case studies.
SEAI Grant Information
Solar PV System
€900 per kWp up to a maximum of 2kWp
Solar PV Gallery
- At all stages of the process Energlaze were able to cut through the jargon and give us a super ground mounted Solar PV system that produces electricity. We have large amounts of hot water and we are saving so much money. The app is fantastic. It allows you to view the electricity being generated, how the battery is being charged, your consumption and what you import or export from the grid. A good feeling to see how you are saving on C02 emissions, as well as saving trees.
- The panels and system are performing very well and are currently producing the recommend values and occasionally above the kW/hour values previously determined by Energlaze. The PV system app is simple to use and is easy to access at any time during the day. Overall I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone who is considering investing in a high quality product with a very good return on your investment.
- We are delighted with the entire job – Insulation, new windows, boiler and heating controls. The app has reduced the amount of time our heating is switched on and the solar panels have made a big difference to our electricity bill. We are very happy with the outcome and we have in fact already recommended Energlaze to friends.
- I was skeptical before the glass was fitted but after a winter I can see and feel what a difference it has made to keep the house warmer. The entire job was fitted in just one day and the glass fitters Frank and Jim were very efficient and couldn't be more helpful.